Webmasters: This article are FREE to reprint, but must be reprinted as is, and must contain attached links.
Hydrogen peroxide is the world's most natural effective sanitizer. Why?
Because it is the only anti-germicidal agent composed entirely of Water and Oxygen.
The chemical formula for hydrogen peroxide is H202, and the body produces it naturally when in a state of optimal health.
When the body becomes weak or diseased, it is unable to produce the high amounts of H202 needed to kill off infection and when the body is unable to fight off infection, disease results.
H202 works by creating an environment of intensive oxidation, which can be described as a type of chemical reaction which causes the breakdown of organic substances.
H202 is vital for maintaining the body's natural health. In fact, the effectiveness of penicillin is related to its capacity to rejuvenate the level of H202 in the body.
In essence, penicillin works by helping the body build up enough H202 to fight off bacteria and viruses. Most harmful bacteria are anaerobic, which means they can not survive in a highly oxygenated environment.
Newer research suggests that we need certain levels of Hydrogen Peroxide in order to facilitate normal chemical reactions and to maintain the proper balance of good bacteria in our system.
Good bacteria are generally aerobic, which means they will function well in oxygen rich environments.
Along with the health benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide, there are many other uses for this "wonder" compound.
Anecdotal information suggests that Hydrogen Peroxide can be used all over the house, in the following ways:
2) Clean and Sanitize the Kitchen and Bath.
Kitchen - Use a 3% solution in a spray bottle (50% water, 50% Peroxide) to refresh counters, sanitize lunch boxes, and kill salmonella on your cutting boards, while leaving a fresh smell.
Bathroom, Use a spray bottle with a 50% mixture of water, and 50% Peroxide as a disinfectant to kill harmful bacteria. This is especially important is you have a septic system, which bleach can be harmful to, and cause expensive repairs.
3) Clean Vegetables and Fruits. Add 1/4 cup to a sink of cold water. Add vegetables and fruits wash thoroughly and rinse with cool water. This will prolong the freshness and taste.
4) Wound Care. Bathing or misting a wound with hydrogen peroxide will help clean it while it speeds healing. Soak infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day.
5) Soak Toothbrushes. Soaking your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide between uses will keep it clean and prevent transfer of germs. This would be particularly helpful when your or someone in your family has a cold or the flu.
7) As an Astringent. Dabbing hydrogen peroxide on pimples or acne will have you on your way to clearer skin.
Note: Some people swear that ingestion of small amounts of food grade, diluted hydrogen peroxide provides complete body cleansing.
(But only do this under a doctor's supervision).
11) Household Plants/Seeds - People also use it to help household plants grow, and to sprout seeds for new plantings.
Living With Chemicals 2011
6) As an Mouthwash - Use Peroxide as a less expensive mouthwash. Hold in your mouth for about 10 minutes and spit it out. You will not have canker sores, and your teeth will be whiter.
1) Whiten Clothes - An Alternative to Beach
Add a cup of Peroxide to white clothes in your laundry to whiten them. Peroxide is great to get rid of blood stains on clothes and carpets. If there is blood on clothing, just pour directly on the spot, let it sit for about a minute, then rub and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
8) Toothache - If you have a tooth ache, and cannot get to the dentist right away, put a capful of 3% Peroxide (Do not delute) in your mouth, hold it for ten minutes, then spit out. Do this several times a day to relieve the pain.
9) Foot Fungus - Use a mixture of 50% water, 50% Peroxide on your feet every night, and let dry. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
10) Colds & Sinus Congestion - Tilt your head back, and spray a 50% mixture of water, and 50% mixture of Peroxide and Water into your nostrils. Hold for a few minutes, then blow your nose.
12) Boils/Skin Infections - Put a half bottle of peroxide in your bath to get rid of boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
13) Lighten Blonde Hair Naturally - Spray 50/50 solution on wet hair after a shower and comb through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair resulting from many of the hair dye packages, but instead you will get natural highlights if your hair is a light brown or dirty blonde color. It will lighten your hair gradually.
Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O)
Invented during World War I, and its primary use was to clean the soldiers wounds, and keep the hospitals free from dangerous infections.